This Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) describes rules that apply to any customers (“you”), individuals or third parties who own, deploy, install or configure any Seam-branded hardware (“Hub Users”), or individuals or third parties who may access the data or other services made available through the Seam API and any related website, mobile application or other services provided by Seam (“Platform Users”).
No Harmful Data. Do not use the Seam API or any related website, mobile application or other services provided by Seam (“Seam Platform”) or any Seam-branded hardware (“Hub”) to transmit or store any data (personal data or otherwise) that is fraudulent, unlawful, deceptive, or abusive purposes, or in any manner harmful to, or intended to harm, any person or third party.
No Harmful Activities. Do not use the Seam Platform or Hub to engage in or encourage any activity that is fraudulent, unlawful, deceptive, or abusive purposes, or in any manner harmful to, or intended to harm, any person or third party, violating others’ rights, or harmful to Seam’s business operations or reputation, including:
- Violations of Laws. Violating any applicable laws and regulations (including related to privacy and security) (collectively, “Applicable Laws”). This includes violating Applicable Laws requiring (a) consent be obtained prior to transmitting, recording, collecting, or monitoring data or (b) compliance with opt-out requests for any data.
- Violations of Agreements. Violating any agreements you have with third parties in connection with your use of the Seam Platform, any Hub and any non-Seam device passing data to, or configured to pass data to, any Hub (“End Device”) (including any End Device terms), and applicable self-regulatory or industry standards.
- Interference with the Platform. Interfering with or otherwise negatively impacting any aspect of the Seam Platform or Hubs or any third-party networks or End Devices that are linked to the Seam Platform or Hubs.
No Platform Integrity Violations. Do not violate the integrity of the Seam Platform, including:
- Bypassing Platform Limitations. Attempting to bypass, exploit, defeat, or disable intended limitations or restrictions placed on the Seam Platform or any feature of the Seam Platform, Hub or in a manner inconsistent with Seam documentation.
- Disabling the Platform. Any denial of service (DoS) attack on the Seam Platform or any other conduct that attempts to disrupt, disable, or overload the Seam Platform.
- Harmful Code or Bots. Transmitting code, files, scripts, agents, or programs intended to do harm, including viruses or malware, or using automated means, such as bots, to gain access to or use the Seam Platform.
- Unauthorized Access. Attempting to gain unauthorized access to the Seam Platform.
Data Safeguards. You are responsible for determining whether the Seam Platform offers appropriate safeguards for their use of the Seam Platform, including any safeguards required by Applicable Laws, prior to transmitting or processing, any data via the Seam Platform.
Unacceptable Use. You are jointly responsible for compliance with this AUP by Platform Users and Hub Users. To the extent that you become aware of or reasonably believe a Platform User or Hub User is violating this AUP, you must promptly notify Seam in writing and provide cooperation, as requested by Seam, to investigate and/or remedy that violation. If you or any of your Hub Users or Platform Users violates this AUP, Seam may suspend your collective use of the Seam Platform.